Change your style

Monday 25 April 2016

There are still good Nigerians as this story from Lindaikeji blog shows.

So on my way to my place of work which is in Apapa this morning, I boarded a shuttle from my bustop (Akinjoe bustop) in Ijegun area of Satellite town. On getting to Mazamaza (which is the shuttle's last bustop before I walk down to mile 2 to get a bus to Apapa) I realized I had no money in my handbag, my atm card was also not there.
I quickly remembered going to work the previous day with a different bag, it then dawned on me that I had forgotten to switch my money and atm card to this present bag with me. I was confused, infact I was in shock and didn't know what to do. First off I had to tell the shuttle driver my predicament and to my amazement, he simply said "no problem". I got down from the shuttle thinking of what to do. .I was stranded at Mazamaza. No money, no atm card and it was not even close to 7am (meaning I couldn't get into the banking hall to withdraw). Then, I decided to walk down to a diamond bank branch at Mazamaza (I bank with diamond bank) on getting there, I met a security man and after explaining everything to him, he did absolutely nothing only simply telling me to hang outside and wait till 8am. Ps: my work hour starts by 8am also and my office is at Apapa o. .so that wasn't even a solution atall. He then suggested I go home. .imagine me that was cashless o. After waiting for 20 minutes standing outside the bank's gate, Finally, I met a staff on arrival to work in the bank. .After explaining everything to her, she gave me #500 naira. .and that was how I was able to continue my journey to work. .What a day! !

No comments:

Post a Comment